Ways of seeing - ESL Institute Balrampur
ESL INSTITUTE BALRAMPUR

Ways of seeing

If we will talk about the English and most importantly if we are going to have some very common conversation with someone, so we often talk about the ways so seeing something like if we are looking at something so exactly we don't know that what we words of seeing we should use on this place, and we have to face the embarrassment and difficulty. Like if we are looking at somebody or somebody is looking at us with anger so most of the people don't know what exact word they should use, or if somebody is looking at us with pleasantly and affectionately then still we don't no the exact word for this meaning and all. So in this blog you will learn about the different ways of seeing at anything in details with the example sentences, because sometime when you get the correct word but you still unable to use that word correctly and grammatically, so here you will also find the correct usage and example sentences of all the new words in a very common language so that anyone can understand this full article and  can learn something properly. 
watch all theses things in video just click here

SEE

When we see anything at once & open our eyes & see for a moment then we call it say.

Example: 
1- I saw her yesterday in the big bazaar.
2- Did you see him at my home last week?
3- I see her everyday in the park at evening.
4- have you seen my father?
5- I saw you in the party & I called you also but you didn’t listen to me.

LOOK


Specially to look at something for a reason, or in a way that we are searching something.
Example: 
1- what are you looking for?
2- I was looking for my keys to bike.
3- why are you looking for her?
4-  who is looking for me?
5- I looked for my shirt I my room but I didn’t find it.

WATCH


We watch usually at something which is moving.
Example: 
1- I watch TV everyday in the evening at my home.
2- did you watch DDLJ movie yesterday?
3- I think, somebody is watching us.
4- Have you watched “Wanted Movie”?
5- will you watch football match tomorrow?

STARE


look fixedly or blankly at someone or something with one's eyes wide open.
Example: 
1- Don’t stare at me.
2- why are you staring at me.
3- He stares at me.
4- staring works wonder.
5- who are you staring at?

GAZE


look gradually and carefully, especially in admiration, surprise, or thought.
Example: 
1- I like to gaze at the snow capped mountains.
2- He was gazing at the starry sky yesterday.
3- I love to gaze at lush green fields.
4- I feel shy whenever she gazes at me every time.
5- I often gaze at lakes & valleys  whenever I sit in my balcony   

SQUINT


look at someone or something with one or both eyes partly closed in an attempt to see more clearly or as a reaction to strong light
Example: 
1- I tried to squint at the crowd but I could not see exactly what was happening there.
2- Did you squint at the accident?
3- yes I squinted at the accidents.
4- he squinted at the dazzling lights of bus but he could not read the number plate of the bus.

GLANCE


Take a brief or hurried look, read quickly or cursorily.
Example: 
1- Have a glance on it.
2- Lets have a glance on the syllabus.
3- Did you recognize me at a glance?
4- Yes, I recognized you at a glance.
5- You don’t have the time to study in details, so just have a glance on your whole course.

FROWN 


To disapprove of something, to draw the eyebrows together in a angry manner.
Example: 1- Tom frowned at Marry.
2- My mom was frowning on me when I didn’t finish my Tiffin properly.
3- His teacher frowned at her when he found his uncompleted home work.
4- You better not to frown on me.
5- He always has a frown on his face.

PEER


look with difficulty or concentration at someone or something.

Example: 1- we peered into the back of the shop to see weather a salesman was around.
2- we had to peer on the street because it was pitch dark there as all the street lights were out of order.
3- it was dark in the evening when I returned from the market on my bicycle & I had to peer with half eyes to stay on the road.

SNEAK A LOOK


A secret look, an opportunity to see something before it is officially available.
Example: 1- The company is offering a sneak peek at the new software.
2- it would be awesome if you can get the sneak peek of the movie before its release.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.